Upcoming Events

  • First Ward Meeting every third Saturday of the month at the Roosevelt Comm. Center 10:00 am
  • City Council meetings are every Wednesday at 5:30 pm
  • Work Sessions are being held Mondays at 5:30 pm

Monday, November 10, 2008

Davenport Promise - redux

What do you think? On the one side, I would love to see my kids college be sort of paid for. They are at least 12-15 years away from experiencing it, and I'm not sure the current dollar amount will keep up with the rise in tuition costs. On the other side, What is the DSC going to do to make sure Davenport has the best schools in the area. I care more about the quality of education than money to help pay for expenses. They say it will increase our population. How many baby boomers will we lose though? Let me know what you think. Ultimately it will be up to you.
The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his weight - Theodore Roosevelt